Jason, Suzy, & Aidan

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Potty Training!!

Last Saturday when Aidan woke up dry I decided to start working on potty training. The first couple of days he wore a diaper and I just had him use the potty every 1/2 - 1 hour. By Tuesday I had him in underwear and he stayed dry all day except for one accident. He did awesome on Wednesday, and for the most part Thursday (today)!! Except for when we got home. He had one accident while eating dinner and then pooped later on, and then peed in his pull up after getting ready for bed. He has been doing so good. Does anyone have suggestions on how to keep him going strong? I have no doubt that he can get it, I just don't want him to lose it when he is so close! I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I find that little "incentives" like stickers or candy for each successful attempt in the toilet works wonders! And it's easier than you think to phase them out after a short while.
Sounds like he's potty training like a pro!

Allen Family said...

UGH!!!! I hate potty training. Every kid is different when it comes to that. Good luck, Hopefully he is one of those that just sticks with it, and doesn't change his mind part way through. Keep up the good work!!